Email address Import Export problem

golfpro 09:31 17 Aug 05

I have been trying without success to export my address book from Outlook Express into Yahoo.
I have followed the instructions given by Yahoo on how to do this to the letter, but it always comes back with the reply that “The file was not recognized as a CSV file and could not be transferred”.
During the export process I did choose a CSV file to export to.
So where have I gone wrong??

Is there another way to get my addresses into this address book, with having to type everyone out again?

Sender adressess are not stored automaticaly in Yahoo, as I use a Pop mail system from my ISP into O/E.

PC Bilbo 10:04 17 Aug 05

Are you exporting from and importing into Outlook Express?

If so it is easiest to use a WAB (Web Address Book)
file.

To use, open O.E. and open "Addresses" to get Address Book and in their click on "File" and from drop down menu select Export > Adress Book (WAB) and save it to location you wish.

Save Desk Top on 2nd system and from within O.E.
navigate as before but choose Import > Address Book
(WAB) and import from desktop.

With CSV files you would still need to convert back into a WEB file anyway.

PC Bilbo 10:36 17 Aug 05

golfpro apologies I realise now you did manage to export as a csv file?

If so you can import as a csv file but again you must do this by initially clicking on "File" from within the address book file NOT from the main Outlook Express pane.from go to File>Import and select "Other Address Book" and choose csv file from here. This should now work.

golfpro 11:08 17 Aug 05

Hang on. I want to Export my Outlook Express address book to my Yahoo address book. Yahoo says do this:

Open Outlook Express.
Select "Export" from the "File" menu.
From the "Export" menu, select "Address Book."
Select the file type "Text File (Comma Separated Values)."
Click the "Export" button.
Enter a location where the file will be saved and a name for the file (file name should end in ".csv").
Click the "Next" button.
Check which fields you wish to export. (We recommended checking all boxes.)
Click "Finish" to export the data to the Comma Separated Values (.CSV) file at the location you specified

The .CSV file generated in the process above is readable by Yahoo! Address Book.
Next, import that file into your Yahoo! Address Book:

Go to your Yahoo! Address Book and make sure that you are signed into your account.
Click the "Addresses Options" link on the right of the Address Book page.
Click the "Import/Export" link.
In the Import section, select "Microsoft Outlook (.CSV file)."
Enter the path and name of the file you exported from Outlook Express, or click the "Browse" button to find the file on your system.
Click the "Import" button.

I do this exactly, but it will not import the address book.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…