email address

banzaimatrix 17:27 26 Nov 08

Ive got to the point of exploding now with my isp, constant disconnections and poor service. I want to start searching for another but i use my email for lots of work and my wife enters competitions and its the address that is given out.
My question is can i take it to a new isp, my current email looks like this [email protected] and im with Nildram but need to find a better isp asap

p.s any recomendations on a good isp, currently 50gb d/l - 8mb connection.

^wave^ 17:33 26 Nov 08

as far as i know no you cant take it with you maybe its best to change now and get a web based email like gmail or hotmail this can be accessed everywhere or you can wait till you get a new isp
i change to sky earlier this year so far so good

rawprawn 17:37 26 Nov 08

As ^wave^ says you can't take it with you. I would recommend BT Broadband 8mb max. I average 6.3 mb dowload speeds, and I have no problems at all.

DippyGirl 18:01 26 Nov 08

If available O2
I have 8mb unlimited - regualarly get 7050/1050 (down/up) £7.50/m as i have an o2 mobile
Great customer services

banzaimatrix 18:09 26 Nov 08

I currently pay £25.99, Nildram were the number 1 isp a few years ago until Ticalli took them over. Signed up for a gmail account, now time to try and get my mac code from nildram.

octal 21:31 26 Nov 08

Although I have got an email from my ISP I also have a Googlemail account in case I change ISP then I don't have to keep changing my email address if I decide to change providers in the future.

^wave^ 09:06 27 Nov 08

i posted earlier and i started bb with homecall which got taken over by pipex still a good service till tiscali got involved then went down hill rapidly so left went to sky. the change over was very smooth too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017