email account confusion

TickBox 20:39 24 Apr 08

I have a new, second pc (B) on which I want to run two email accounts which also exist on my existing pc (A). On (A) the email accounts are in Outlook and on (B) Outlook Express. Having set one account up in Outlook Express (with identical settings to the account on (A)) it sends and receives mail without a problem but cannot see the mail within the same account on (A). pc (B) is not networked to (A) but has wireless connection to the gateway/router both machines use. I'd like to keep the accounts open on both pcs if possible. Any help would be really appreciated as I'm not technical. Thanks.

Daveboy 21:10 24 Apr 08

you can only d/load to one PC at a time as this will empty the server. Best to use web mail from both I think.

TickBox 21:26 24 Apr 08

Thanks for your response. I'll look into webmail as I don't know anything about this.

octal 21:30 24 Apr 08

The only other way would be to use IMAP if the server will allow it, which would synchronise all the folders on both the computer and the server.

Daveboy 17:37 25 Apr 08

Who is your email with ? They will ivariably have a web base to view your mail from any PC.

TickBox 17:52 25 Apr 08

I'm with IDNET.

Ditch999 17:56 25 Apr 08

In OE you can go to Tools > Accounts > Properties (for each account) > Advanced and put a tick in the little box at the bottom which says "Leave a copy of message on server" You can also choose the other options if you wish.

Sea Urchin 17:56 25 Apr 08

Sign in here

click here

TickBox 18:25 25 Apr 08

Thanks for your suggestions. Much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017