Email Account

TonyAA 09:47 01 Nov 05

I have installed microsoft office and my email account is now handled by microsoft outlook and I can't find anything.I would prefer to use outlook express as it's simpler and was wondering how to revert back.

alexgray104 10:02 01 Nov 05

Not sure on this, but can't you modify the installation of Office to remove Outlook by putting the disc in and running setup. I think this would then revert your email account back to Express. Alternatively, what happens if you start Outlook Express now, or has it been taken over by Outlook?

Batch 10:10 01 Nov 05

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options and click on the programs tab and you should be able to select your mail client program.

Jackcoms 10:33 01 Nov 05

In OE click on Tools; Options; General.

At the bottom, under Default Messaging Programs, click on 'Make Default' against Mail Handler and/or News Handler.

TonyAA 10:56 01 Nov 05

Tried to alter account settings in outlook a few times but got nowhere so removed outlook part of office as suggested and now back to normal with emails and addresses now showing again.Thanks.

Jackcoms 14:26 01 Nov 05

"Tried to alter account settings in outlook a few times but got nowhere so removed outlook part of office as suggested and now back to normal with emails and addresses now showing again"

So, you chose to ignore my advice?

Ho, hum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…