email access refused

pinnicat 22:58 29 Jan 04

a few days ago i sought and received advice on my email address being used to distribute viruses.
i thank those who responded, and "sat it out " as was told. however i now find tat my email server will not allow me to send emails at all, that my address was being denied access and shutting down immediately.
i cannot access my server til the weekend when i am back from work..any ideas in the mean-time please?

mgmcc 23:20 29 Jan 04

Not sure when you talk about "my server" if you mean your ISP's SMTP mail server or if you are running your own SMTP server.

If you are having a problem sending mail via an ISP's server, have a look at this free SMTP server - click here - which is only a 685kB download.

pinnicat 23:31 29 Jan 04

my out going through outlook express through ntl. is being marked as error-access denied-no server error.
does that help..can you help?
ready for techno suicide..agggghhh

mgmcc 23:42 29 Jan 04

OK, so download the little SMTP server program I suggested and send your mail with that instead of the ISP's server.

Install the program, launch it and basically leave it running in the background. In your email program, Outlook Express, replace the NTL SMTP server details with the word "localhost" (without quotes). It really is a very simple little app and the help file tells you what to do.

I have used it when I've had problems with my ISP's SMTP server. It means that mail goes directly from your PC to the recipient's mailbox on their ISP's POP3 server.

pinnicat 23:53 29 Jan 04

thanks mgmcc
i'll give it a fed up with paying money for c""p service

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…