phildux 10:37 29 Jun 06

hello i am going on holiday and want to stop getting emails until i return. how do i put a automated message on saying out of office etc or even re direct the email to another address

SANTOS7 10:43 29 Jun 06

click here
may help,good luck..

phildux 10:55 29 Jun 06

using outlook express

VoG II 11:06 29 Jun 06

click here

Be aware that doing this is equivalent to saying 'hey guys, my house is unoccupied - come and help yourselves'.

SANTOS7 11:07 29 Jun 06
  Enoch 18:04 29 Jun 06

As VoG wrote------take care-------better too many emails against an empty home

selfbuild 20:39 29 Jun 06

Who is your ISP?

PlusNet, for example, allow you to redirect your email to another email address of your choice.

Maybe worth looking into...

Noldi 14:41 01 Jul 06

Another problem with out of office is, it will reply to spam confirming you e-mail address.

Taff™ 18:34 02 Jul 06

Don`t redirect your e-mails - use web based mail to read them from wherever you are.

ArrGee 10:01 11 Jul 06

For those of you who fancy a laugh, a couple of years ago I was going away for a week, so I set my office e-mail to re-direct my mails to my home. A couple of days later I was due to fly out and set my home e-mail to 'out of office'. Doh! My home system and the office just kept e-mailing each other, so I found upon my return that my mail quota had very quickly reached it's limit with 'out of office' replys!

p;3 21:46 11 Jul 06

could that be called "self-spamming " perhaps::))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…