email

User-178362 14:28 03 Sep 05

I do not seem to be able to send emails. I use Incredimail, I have windows XP. When I send an email it does go off screen, but when I look to see what has been sent there isn't anything there. Also the message doesn't come up at the Right hand bottom of the screen. Where would I find SMTP

mattyc_92 14:49 03 Sep 05

What e-mail provider are you using? Hotmail? Gmail?

Who is your ISP?

User-178362 14:53 03 Sep 05

I use Incredimail, for my email. I am with NTL.

I just had a message pop up saying my virtual memery is low and that it would be made larger. something like that. I have just deleted some of my emails to see if that helps

Diodorus Siculus 15:26 03 Sep 05

Virtual Memory: How do I adjust Virtual Memory settings? - Ask Leo!
"You didn't indicate what operating system you are running. On Windows XP look in Control Panel: System, Advanced, Performance Settings, Advanced, Virtual Memory."
click here

As for smtp server:

smtp.ntlworld.com

You put this in the section under tools, accounts.

Have you ever been able to send mail with the program?

Diodorus Siculus 15:26 03 Sep 05

Actually, you did indicate your OS but Leo (above) doesn't know that!

Diodorus Siculus 15:27 03 Sep 05

How do I create a new email account?
click here

A good guide.

User-178362 17:28 03 Sep 05

I haven't checked Leo out, Just had a glance, but I followed your instuctions from Control Panel to Virtual Memory. it said I have 336MB.

Do not understand sentance You put.........
I have always used Incredimail. Do not know what I have done for this to happen. I only look on this forum send emails and work on my pictures.

I do Disk Clean Up and Defrag. but I do have a lot of pic in the recycle bin that need to be bined. Do you think this is where the problem is?

DieSse 17:32 03 Sep 05

"I just had a message pop up saying my virtual memery is low and that it would be made larger"

You don't have to do anything - the message said Windows did it for you.

Diodorus Siculus 18:12 03 Sep 05

I don't use incredimail - above are the details of how to create a new account.

Given that it is a new problem, I am not sure what may have caused it.

Do you have a reason for using incrediamil - there are many alternatives available.

Fellsider 22:42 03 Sep 05

"When I send an email it does go off screen, but when I look to see what has been sent there isn't anything there."......

1. Does the e-mail go to the recipient?
2. Is your e-mail program set up to 'Save a copy' when you send e-mails?

User-178362 22:49 03 Sep 05

I do not know if anyone receives them, I have sent one, asked if they would let me know if it arrived, but I've not heard anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…