email on 1 and 1

Bandy 06:17 04 Dec 04

Have been having problems with some email addresses on a 1and1 domain.

There are 11 addresses and all work using webmail however when using Outlook four of the addresses have suddenly started to fail because the server does not recognise the password. The passwords being used have been checked and are correct. (The other addresses still work perfectly)

Having checked with 1and1, the only solution they can come up with is to change the password, however that hasn’t worked, and doesn’t explain why the password works when using webmail I do know from their helpline that they have had problems recently with the particular server that is being used.

I believe that this is a server problem at 1and1’s end but wonder if others have had this problem and if there is any other solution

Bandy 15:53 04 Dec 04

bump

megat193 16:38 04 Dec 04

I run three websites on 1and1 mshosting servers and one on a linux server, and only have intermittent problems with different email addresses. Sympathies, but cannot help, and have no idea what might be wrong.

Bandy 19:21 07 Dec 04

The pronlem turned out to be very simple.
In some way, I have no idea how, on four different email addresses spread over two machines, a letter in the address had changed from lower to uppercase

A very helpful assistant at 1and1 helped me through my attack of word blindness, although neither of us can work out ehy the thing happened.

Thanks for your help - I'll tick the resolved box if I can open my eyes enough to find it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…