Electronic Address Book - which one?

sheila.weston 15:59 27 Nov 10

Can someone recommend a simple electronic address book. Having considered net books, I now realise that a Palm computer is all I need - something to keep by my 'phone instead of my ordinary address book. I have writers cramp, so need a small key board.

I might like to be able to access the internet from it, but this is not essential. I have a wireless network.

I already have a mobile 'phone, but it is not practical to leave this by the 'phone.

Thanks for any suggestions.

northumbria61 18:43 27 Nov 10

I don't know how "simple" you want it but you should find something in this list - click here

northumbria61 18:48 27 Nov 10
  sheila.weston 19:10 28 Nov 10

Thank you. Has anyone had any experience using these?

I had already seen this site and several of thos shown have keypads and would be ideal, but this appears to be the American site of Amazon and the prices are in dollars. I'll check UK Amazon, but I really need to see one before I buy it.

Don't any of the big stores have them? I have already asked Currys and Comet without success.

northumbria61 23:19 28 Nov 10

Amazon UK - check on the BRAND down left hand side of page

click here

northumbria61 23:35 28 Nov 10

Hi Sheila - I have been looking around for you but it appears the High Street stores don't appear to stock them so it looks as if Amazon is your best bet if you proceed to a purchase.

If you don't get anyone responding that has experience of these then Amazon have a good returns service if you are not satisfied.

sheila.weston 15:55 29 Nov 10

Thanks northumbria61. I'll leave it until after Christmas and may try one from AmazonUK. I am rather put off by one of the reviews where someone bought one from Amazon and it developed a fault within a few weeks. He was told to return it to the mfr, only to be told that he had left it too late. I find this odd as surely it would be covered by a longer warranty.

I'll mark this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac