Electrical problem??

281apple 18:12 31 Jan 10

I have a Toshibi laptop which is only 15 months old and works OK. Recently, however, I have noticed that sometimes it just won't light up. I install the battery and disconnect the wall connection but to no avail. I wait a while and try it again but it still does not light up and I can not therefore start up my laptop. It seems that there is no electricity coming from the wall socket nor the battery. THEN, I leave it sit for a few hours and come to try it again. AND IT WORKS. This has happened four times over the past few weeks. Can anyone give me an idea of what might be causing this problem. Thanks.

woodchip 18:18 31 Jan 10

Remove the battery and see if it starts and works okay just on mains, I suspect a Faulty Battery dragging the power down

281apple 08:09 01 Feb 10

I usually do not leave the battery in the computer; I keep it for standby or when there are no mains. I was in my initial message talking about the main connection which would not light up either. It has been going OK for about three days now so I'll wait and see. Someone suggested that there is a mechanical problem and not electricial?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:21 01 Feb 10

Possibly a bad power switch or maybe a fault on the power board.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced