Electoral roll

geewis 22:27 30 Dec 03

Does anybody know of a way of finding people such as old and distant friends by use of the electoral roll as is kept in the local libraries. I can find anybody in the USA but not so in the UK

hugh-265156 22:46 30 Dec 03

i think the electoral role online is only up to early part of 1900`s i may be wrong.

192.com may be useful click here

josie mayhem 23:02 30 Dec 03

There are two version of the electrol register.

1) The full version that is keep by the council, this contains all names registered.

2) Is the public register that is open to general view, this one admits some names.

Several years ago I lived on my own, and was abled to have my name removed from the general register because being female. I'm not sure weather this is an option open to all, or just specific people like single females, elderly ect.

Have you tried one of the friends unite sites.

spuds 23:09 30 Dec 03

Try UK-Info Disk. If you would like a free 2003 SE copy then [tongue in cheek, sorry PCA] check out the cover disk issue 191 January 2004 Computer Shopper magazine.

Dipso 23:31 30 Dec 03

I have an older version of UK Info Disk. It allows you to search the Electoral Register in the privacy of your own home.

192.com as mentioned earlier provides the same info but you either have to pay for credits to do searches or "earn" them by clicking on the links provided.

tbh72 23:38 30 Dec 03

This is a link you might find interesting.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…