Elapsed time countng

dvndave 07:01 07 Apr 04

Hi folks

Anyone know of a prog that will count the total time in hours mins etc of how long a laptop,(running XP) has been switched on?

Diodorus Siculus 08:22 07 Apr 04

Mike Line mikelin.net has a utility that does this (and more) called uptimer.

dvndave 05:34 09 Apr 04

Thanks for he suggestion D S, however every time I try to access the site I get error 502! I'll try again later.

Cheers

DvnDave

Diodorus Siculus 08:24 09 Apr 04

dvndave - it is a tiny utility so if you email me I will send it to you via email if you want.

Diodorus Siculus 12:00 09 Apr 04

click here for an alternative (which I have not used).

dvndave 07:30 10 Apr 04

Not sure how to email you, tried the link that was highlighted but ended up on a freeserve site flogging their services!

Thanks for your help

DvnDave

Diodorus Siculus 09:02 10 Apr 04

click here

for a direct link to the second one; the first I have emailed to you.

dvndave 05:41 11 Apr 04

Thanks for the prog but I'm not sure that I'm able to tailor it to my needs. The prog doesn't start on its own and is not accumlative as it starts only from the time you initialise it, also it appears that all its counters are reset after 49 days.
As I'm not paticularly good with these computer thingys it could be me!
I would appreciate more help if you can.

Thanks for your patience,

cheers

Dave

Diodorus Siculus 10:45 11 Apr 04

To get it to start when the PC starts, put a shortcut into the startup folder in the program files menu.

It gives the time that the PC has been running for - not from when the program was started.

I dont know about 49 days; my pc is switched off each night.

dvndave 07:05 12 Apr 04

Hi D S

Prog now runs at switch-on thank you. Just one more. I am trying to achieve an accumlative total ie. total hours system has run since purchase/restore etc. I also switch my system off after every session but want to know the totals of all sessions. I know I'm not explaining this too well

Diodorus Siculus 08:37 12 Apr 04

Keep a record of each up time before shutting down; don't know of any other way. But there may well be a way of doing it and someone else may have it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…