Eject button for dvd drive on vista laptop

nissanalmera 17:32 28 Aug 09

Hi,I have bluray Dell laptop trying to play "close encounters of the third kind" It plays chapters etc [101] but will not move on to play movie.This is my first attempt at bluray.DVD plays ok.Am I missing something? Also if I may,is there an external means of ejecting disc without going into drive itself,like xp desktop has a button.Thanks very much

woodchip 19:00 28 Aug 09

The Program that opens the DVD should have controls go near bottom of screen and click screen

Technotiger 19:03 28 Aug 09

The usual emergency method of ejecting a disc, is to straighten a paper-clip and gently but firmly push the straight end into the small hole at the front of the DVD/CD Drive.

nissanalmera 19:11 28 Aug 09

Thanks woodchip for prompt response,there is a control for play movie but this disc continues to play all the chapters of the movie.I have not waited till these ended,but I would have thought "play movie" would over ride it.Thanks Ian

nissanalmera 19:12 28 Aug 09

Thanks Technotiger for prompt response.There is a small hole on a desktop pc but I don't see one on dell studio laptop.Thanks Ian

woodchip 19:54 28 Aug 09

You can right click the drive in My Computer after you double click it and choose Eject

nissanalmera 20:07 28 Aug 09

Thanks woodchip,but I experienced a freeze and could not get into it,thus hoping for something external to eject.THanks Ian

Woolwell 23:08 28 Aug 09

Every laptop I've used has an eject button on or near the drive opening. The documentation that cam with the laptop should tell you where it is. Which model of Dell?

nissanalmera 10:41 29 Aug 09

Thanks Woolwell,Well done.In my defence,it does not look like the squiggle shown.Thanks again Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…