EISA direct memory access controller...

NirvanaGuy 11:08 03 Sep 04

My PC recently decided to messed its self up completely by reseting all the hardware configured in Windows (98SE).

I wasn't surprised as I've been having a problem with my "Intel 82371SB PCI Bus Master IDE" Controller. I've replacing the drivers with later revisions, but now, still get the exlamation warnings next to the "Primary IDE Controller (Dual Fifo)" & the "Secondary IDE Controller" also Dual fifo.

It used to only have one exlamation mark next to the Primary controller, now I have one on the Second. Plus one on my EISA direct memory access controller.

"The Device Status

The VDMAD.VXD device loader(s) for this device could load the device drivers. (Code 2)"

I've tried replacing the VDMAD.VXD but that doesn't do anything, would a newer revision be better?

I've asked about my Hard Drive controller before, but didn't recieve any replies! Apart from removing it from Device Manager and reinstalling the files, which doesn't work.

I can't extract anything from CDs as this controller, controls the CD-ROM which now, no longer exists.

NirvanaGuy 00:37 09 Dec 04

I fixed this one myself. I had plugged the IDE ribbons in the wrong way so my IDE channels were all mis-matched.

I just connected them to the correct sockets - hey presto! Everything back to norm!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…