ei system 3083 laptop

cowboy62 12:09 07 Sep 06

i have just purchased a ei system laptop which i find runs very hot after a bout one hour the laptop run so hot that the keyboard and monitor become very hot hot and almost unusable the retailer were i purchased this from assure me this is normal do any one else have this problem and should this be happening

SANTOS7 12:13 07 Sep 06

I would suggest this is far from normal and your retailer doesn't know much about the products they are selling.
If you are in any doubt that it is not running properly, Take it back..

anskyber 12:15 07 Sep 06

Laptops do run warm sometimes very warm, but not hot. I assume all the air vents are clear and it is on a solid surface. activity like gaming will put pressure on the laptop, can you hear the fan running?

If it is "hot" then it could be duff. tools like this can help to diagnose things but are not 100% reliable click here

cowboy62 12:19 07 Sep 06

i have4 taken the laptop back to the retailer and had no joy i have been in touch with the customer services From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 05 September 2006 18:56
To: mike
Subject: Re: notebook JG-01-C

Dear Mr Cross

Thank you for your email, which
came to my attention this afternoon.

In regards to your email, I would recommend contacting
PC Service Call on the number provided below. Your call
can then be logged (this will confirm the fault was reported
within the first 28 days) and they can attempt to resolve the issue
by confirming a fault. Once fault is confirmed the unit can be
exchanged.

PC Service Call: 0870 901 3000

Kind regards.

Jamie Gillson.
Customer Services.
"mike" <[email protected]>
03/09/2006 17:04 To <[email protected]>

cc
Subject notebook

Dear sir/madam
I recently purchased a ie system 3083 notebook from your store in prospect centre in hull but in my oppion it is faulty. I returned it to the store where I purchased it from because it was over heating I was told I could not have it exchanged and was told if it gets worse in 28 days to bring it back by this time it would be too late to return the goods. I also was not happy with the way I was treated by the staff in the store and am also not happy with the goods the item is getting very hot underneath witch I understand is natural but also the whole of the keyboard and the speakers and the whole of the top are also getting very hot I understand that this is not natural he refused to replace or exchange the goods in anyway
Yours sincerely
M cross

M cross
138 ashthorpe
Open
Hull

Tel no 01482 803014
[email protected]
in reply to ur email above I have done as suguested and the are saying that this is quite normal and if it were faulty it would be switching off but I am still not happy with this machine it is getting hotter and hotter everytime I use it and I would also like to say that I find it a bit of a coincidence that everyone in ur company that I speak to seems to have one of these machines that do the same thing don’t u think that is unusual that all ur staff seem to be buying these machine the gentleman on the phone say exactly the same as the people in the store almost word for word I am not happy with this machine and request u either reimburse me with my money or can u please let me have the maker details so I can speak to them please
This e-mail (and any attachment) has been sent from a PC belonging to DSG Retail Limited or another company in the DSG international group, registered office Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 7TG.

If you receive it in error, please tell us by return and then delete it from your system; you may not rely on its contents nor copy/disclose it to anyone.

Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this e-mail are those of the sender and will not bind any DSG international company unless confirmed by an authorised representative independently of this message. We do not accept responsibility for viruses; you must scan for these.

Please note that e-mails sent to and from the DSG international group are routinely monitored for record keeping, quality control and training purposes, to ensure regulatory compliance and to prevent viruses and unauthorised use of our computer systems.

cowboy62 12:57 08 Sep 06

thanks for all the advie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5