EI SYSTEM 104 PC and Monitor Only

jim63 18:13 11 Dec 06

Could someone please give me their views on this Pc from Currys. my daughter has been looking at this one.
EI SYSTEM 104 PC and Monitor Only £299

Totally-braindead 18:16 11 Dec 06

It would be easier if you posted with a link to it.
This is it click here

Totally-braindead 18:17 11 Dec 06

And what does your daughter want to use it for?

Totally-braindead 18:42 11 Dec 06

I've been away having a look at it.
It depends what she wants it for as I asked earlier. There are other PCs that I have seen that I think offer better value. Theres no option to upgrade the graphics, not a problem if you don't want to play games though. Only 1 PCI slot which could mean its differcult to upgrade, too little memory as well in my opinion and the hard drive size is a bit small but then it is a cheap PC. Also although the monitor is a 17" its an older CRT, nothing wrong with that but a 15"TFT flat screen would be better.

This in my view is a bit better click here but again at this price range its graphics do not appear to be upgradable but its got more memory, is a touch faster, comes with a 15" TFT and has 4 PCI slots if you want to add things in later. Perhaps have a look at some of the others PCW are doing as well.

i would agree with totally-braindead, i think 256 ram with onboard graphics and win xp would be very limited, i bought a fairly basic system but one that was easy to upgrade, which i have done very quickly, would suggest a min 512 ram, and a basic machine that can grow with your/her needs i find a lot of good products here click here and a first class next day delivery service, good luck

Totally-braindead 20:35 11 Dec 06

Did have a look at Novatech before I posted and you can get a much better system but its quite a bit dearer ut has the advantage in that it would be upgradable.

Perhaps look at the Dell ones but same goes for them, the cheapest ones cannot have a graphics upgrade.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…