EEK!!:Further advice plz, re:Dual boot systems!!!

Fiery251 14:53 26 Feb 03

Sorry to ask more dual boot related questions, but this question didnt hit me till after I had ticked the resolved box in my previous thread about it!!.

Any how, here goes....

Ok, I've got my 2 partitions working fine, thanx to Partition Magic 8.0.

So, now its time to install XP, and I'll follow the advice given previously in the other thread.

Here's the questions:-

1. Once you have selected XP from the bootup, and it boots, how do I go about adding my drivers for various devices, like the Graphics card, soundcard, modem etc.....??.

Is it just a case of installing them as normal?. And if this is the case, will the XP drivers interfere with the older 98SE drivers on the other partition?. I know, that sounds like a stupid question, but I really havent a clue!!.

Also, I'm on 56k dial-up with AOL. Do I just install AOL as I normally would do, and again, will that interfere with anything AOL related on the other partition?. Again, silly question, I guess what I'm actually trying to ask is, are the 2 partitions C and D TOTALLY seperate?.

Gawd........I'm thick!!!!.

jingernut 15:18 26 Feb 03

Hi There

Once you have selected a particular version of windows to boot from via the boot manager then the system files will only be loaded for this version of windows so any changes you make will only affect this version of windows. So the changes you make to Windows XP will not affect Win98

Good Luck

Jingernut

leo49 15:20 26 Feb 03

Yes - the two partitions are totally separate. Everything will have to be installed afresh into the second OS.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…