eeerrrrrrrr.....some of my files have wandered off

pharte 20:56 14 Jun 05

o/s is xp home sp2 networked through a router on aol broadband (2 x pc's)

everything seemed ok until the weekend when the contacts and address book in aol vanished on my other half's pc.

I have now noticed that system restore, part of microsoft search and there are an alarming number of gaps in the programme folders page when I open it although I have no idea what was in the spaces.

So far I have run a reg healer programme, sfc /scannow and used the xp disc with it, reloaded aol software all to no avail.needless to say I can't do a system restore because it's not there !!!!

I have logged into aol on another computer and the address book etc are all intact and there so it is deffo the computer.

Any Ideas ?

VoG II 21:02 14 Jun 05

Help and System Restore - do you mean that they open blank windows? If so click here

Otherwise, Start, Run, type in

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

and click OK to launch SR. This will only restore Windows system files.

pharte 21:31 14 Jun 05

what can I say...absolutely magnificent (it must have been my fantastic description that was so concise).
A big thank you fixed and working in 10 mins.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…