edonkey

sak41 11:03 10 Aug 04

i use edonkey but seems to be a bit slow on download, i have a dial up connection at present, would it be better with broadband? sorry if this sounds a bit of a stupid question but i am a novice when it comes to such things!!!!

Not a Scooby 11:07 10 Aug 04

I'm no expert either, but Broadband will certainly speed up anything that utilises the internet.

The program, what ever it is, can only access information at the speed allowed by the connection.

There are some good deals around on Broadband currently. NTL are offering 60 day free trial on 150kbs access, but really you should look at faster access. NTL are also upgrading there next level access to 700kps which is good. It really depends on who services your area..

Basically, Broadband can only help if you are using the net..

plsndrs3 11:19 10 Aug 04

So, as Not a Scooby says, upgrading to broadband will allow you to download copyright material faster - and any virus, worms, spyware, keystroke loggers, hackers programs or whatever else may be included in the program/music/video ....

Paul

sak41 12:20 10 Aug 04

thanks guys

2neat 12:37 10 Aug 04

Oh I didn't realise edonkey/p2p was just for theft of copyright stuff. Thanks for that!

plsndrs3 13:29 10 Aug 04

Whether or not you wish to accept it, it is a fact that certain programs are used 99% of the time for this purpose.

Please re-read my posting as I NEVER said P2P is 'just for theft of copyright stuff' to use your words, but was referring specifically to eDonkey and if I've opened your eyes then I am happy.

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…