Editting text in MS Publisher Document

Dannyb 14:57 11 Jan 03
  Dannyb 14:57 11 Jan 03

I have a booklet I designed in MS Publisher 2000 and am trying to edit the text that I earlier put into a text box. However, whenever I move the cursor towards the text I get the 'Little Van' icon appear and the words "Picture Frame - Double Click to Change" How do I get rid of this and highlight the words in order to edit them? I realise this must be something quite simple bit it's cracking me up.

Gongoozler 16:48 11 Jan 03

Dannyb, the little van is the "Move" cursor, and should only appear when your cursor is over the text frame border. It should turn into an edit cursor when you are over the text. If your frame contains a picture, the van symbol remains.

Dannyb 17:10 11 Jan 03

Thanks Gongoozler, the text box does contain a picture. How do I then edit the text??

Gongoozler 17:26 11 Jan 03

Dannyb, I find that if the text is written in Publisher, I can edit it ok, but if it was generated in a graphics package, than it is part of the graphic. I am not a Publisher expert, but hopefully if we keep the thread alive, someone else will come in and contribute.

Dannyb 17:54 11 Jan 03

Here's hoping

pj123 18:08 11 Jan 03

If you have a picture within a text frame you will need to move the picture out of the document temporarily. then click the text frame edit the text and then move the picture back again. Alternatively if the text is Wordart you need to double click the the text and edit it and then update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…