editting a Free File Viewer database

palinka 16:43 PM 27 Apr 12

I use MS Excel. My OS is Vista I've just received an attachment in Free File Viewer, so basically no problem ; except that I want to delete some entries in the Excel-type database before printing and I can't find any way of doing it - it seems impossible to highlight anything whether it's a single word or a column. Is there some magic free file method of doing these things? Advice please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:16 PM 27 Apr 12

File viewers are for viewing only usually - you may be able to save the file in a different format (.xls)and then be able to edit it in excel or open office

palinka 17:49 PM 27 Apr 12

thanks for that, Fruit Bat /\0/\ . Problem is I don't seem to be able to save it as anything other than it is; it's an attachment so "attachment" is the only option offered. But what you've said also perhaps explains why having squashed up some empty columns ('cos I can't delete them) there is no "Save" or "Save as" option; just "Close", "print" or "Exit".

I was hoping to save paper - and ink - by deleting bits that I don't need. There are about 400 lines in this database and 35 columns!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:05 PM 27 Apr 12

dragging from the e-mail to the desktop

then right click - it may then give you options to Save as or Open with...

pick excel to open

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…