editor

denis93c 02:33 10 Mar 04

dear editor,how many members do you have?
i was thinking if we all sent you a £1 postal order before the 1st december,you could award a £1000 prize to a random winner,the rest of the money could go to cancer research or what ever the members vote for.
best wishes denis.
ps. if i win it i will give it all back to the charity.

anon1 10:15 10 Mar 04

A nice idea but would not work. Not enough would send in the money. A better way would be to go an volunteer for some local charity for a couple of hours a week click here

Pesala 15:52 10 Mar 04

Registered users: 134,580

Very few would send the money. Lotteries raise all kinds of legal issues. This is a PC help forum, and the Forum Editor tries hard to keep it on topic.

Djohn 17:06 10 Mar 04

Nice thought though denis93c. Both the charity and the prize.

Maybe the prize could be a new PC that PCA has bought and run on test in the magazine rather than money?

Forum Editor 17:24 10 Mar 04

I'll be sure to put it to a good use.

Thanks for the suggestion denis93c - I know you made it with the best intentions. We aren't planning to take in charitable donations however - we don't have the resources to handle the admin side, and there are all kinds of legal ramifications.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…