Editing Windows XP Registry

standby 19:56 04 Jan 08

Is there a good comprehensive publication available that will explain fully the structure of Windows XP Registry and in detail how to follow the instructions of Microsoft or others when advice is given to use the Registry Editor
by expanding the system when symtoms require it.

The dangers of tampering are well understood hence this request.

Many thanks.

standby

STREETWORK 20:34 04 Jan 08

If your going to 'tamper' with it, back it up first. Try using Registry Mechanic to clean it up...

Gongoozler 21:00 04 Jan 08

I don't know of any books for beginners on the XP registry, and I think the subject is much too complex for beginners. The main thing is to always back up the registry before making any changes, and only make changes when you are absolutely certain of what you are doing.
This site contains a lot of useful information click here

standby 22:11 04 Jan 08

Streetwork.
Gongoozler.

Many thanks for advice. Was as I thought but was worth trying anyway, there may be relevant written material out there somewhere.

Regards....standby

Kemistri 22:48 04 Jan 08

There are quite a few books about the Windows registry. Just search on Amazon and check the reviews.

Kemistri 22:49 04 Jan 08

click here Try that one.

Arnie 00:16 05 Jan 08

These links may help.

click here

click here

standby 13:31 05 Jan 08

Kemistri
Arnie

Thanks for advice each.

I have ordered a paperback by Jerry Honeycutt via Amazon...Microsoft Windows Registry Guide. I believe it will suit my limited experience rather than the one you advised Kemistri but I appreciate your input.

Regards.....standby

Arnie 00:57 06 Jan 08

You're welcome.

sunny staines 12:37 06 Jan 08

good links bookmarked them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5