Editing Video 8 from Sony Analogue Camera

brambles 21:24 15 Aug 03

I've just got acquainted with editing photos uploaded from my Canon digital camera & now want to progress to video.

I have a reasonable Dell Pentium 4 computer with a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 Display Card.

I have a Sony Anolgue Video Camera & MGI Video Software Version 3 which was part of the software package - so may not be too exciting. The thing I cannot seem to find anywhere is how do I connect the camera - what type of cable and where do the various connections go. Any recommendations appreciated. Brambles

I find this site very useful click here

If you don't want to open up your pc to fit a capture card have a look at Pinnacle Moviebox USB, which I think was reviewed in a recent issue of PCA.

BJ

MichelleC 10:04 16 Aug 03

You'll need a decent capture card to convert from analogue to dv. If you can get one to hook up to a firewire card, is best as when converted usb can't really cope properly. Canopus or AllInWonder are good.

y_not 20:35 16 Aug 03

Your editing software should be fine and some have already suggested methods of connecting.

What do you plan to do with the videos? They are captured as AVI files which tend to be fairly big files - if you are running win98 you will be limited to 4Gb in each file.

Will you output them as SVCD's or DVD's?

Either will probably mean upgrading your burning software to include MPEG2.

Just a few thought that may help

Good luck

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5