editing text in internet explorer with word 97

ElCid26 19:34 26 Nov 05

In the Internet Explorer 6 toolbar under'File' the third item down in the menu is 'Edit with Microsoft Word for Windows 97'. When clicked this opens up another window full of programming text. Can anyone please tell me how to proceed from here?
I want to be able to format my emails with alternative fonts etc.
I do not use Outlook Express.

bremner 19:49 26 Nov 05

What program are you using for e mail?

MAJ 19:53 26 Nov 05

The "programming text" that you see is the source code of the webpage that you are viewing,ElCid26, normally the program used for editing it is Notepad, so you must have your HTML editor set as Microsoft Word for Windows 97 in IE > Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab.

You want, however, to send emails in HTML format, you can only do that if your email provider allows it, I assume you are using webmail? The easiest option to do that is to use an email client like Outlook Express and set it so that it sends in HTML format. Your recipient needs to have his/her email client set to receive in HTML format though, else all your formatting will be lost.

ElCid26 14:42 27 Nov 05

Thanks very much bremmer and MAJ.
To bremmer, I use hotmail or yahoo to receive and compose my emails.
To MAJ, yes, I read that one solution was to use Outlook Express, but I also read that Internet Explorer could be used. Otherwise I don't really know why the "W" button is provided or how it is to be used. I can't find anything anywhere that describes this button and how to use it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…