editing templates, do i need photoshop?

Superstylin 14:38 29 Mar 05

hi there, i'm trying to set up a website and have downloaded a free template from freewebtemplates. in the read me file that came with it, the requirements show as adobe photoshop and web editing software. i don't have adobe photoshop but wonder if it's possible to edit the template in another program? i've tried opening it in serif photo plus and paint shop pro. these are the only picture editing programs i have.

thanks for any help

Superstylin 14:40 29 Mar 05

i'll put it there too but leave this open incase anyone wants to reply from helproom. unless told otherwise anyway :)

Superstylin 14:42 29 Mar 05

it is in web help. d'oh!

Superstylin 15:35 29 Mar 05

when i try to open it with paint shop pro it shows this, 'an undefined error has occurred - 565' and nothing comes up. when i try opening it with serif photoplus windows tells me the psd file is not a 'valid win32 application'?

Superstylin 15:35 29 Mar 05

when i try to open it with paint shop pro it shows this, 'an undefined error has occurred - 565' and nothing comes up. when i try opening it with serif photoplus windows tells me the psd file is not a 'valid win32 application'?

Superstylin 15:43 29 Mar 05

wrong thing.
the downloaded template came with photoshop folder, within which were 'header' and 'main' psd files. there was also 'website' folder, within was another folder named 'images'. i was trying to open the photoshop files instead of the individual images, these open fine in any editing program.

is it these i need to modify? what are the other photoshop files for?

you might notice i'm new to all this :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac