Editing PHP files

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 23:00 19 Mar 05

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how i can edit a PHP file for my site,i have just got a phpBB2 forum on my site and wan;t to change the heading ect.

I have Frontpage if it helps.

phil 19:39 20 Mar 05

Can you set the file preferences in Frontpage? If so then set one for *php; and one for *tpl;

Close FP. Re-open FP and try and edit the pages again.

If that doesn't work then right click the file and then 'open with' = FP.

You can also open it in Word but not Notepad. Word is not very user friendly though.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 19:59 20 Mar 05

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried both suggestions and it comes up with a load of code.

Thanks for your help

The Ghost of Inept Pig 10:56 21 Mar 05

Have you tried asking at the phpBB forums? (click here) They'll be able to tell you what items of the 'code' you need to change - is it not possible to change the board title through the Admin control panel?

(Not sure if phpBB has one, that's why I recommend the official support forum)

I tend to use Wordpad for quick code changes in php (but that just shows the code, no good if you don't know what you're looking at)

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 23:09 05 Apr 05

Sorry for late reply.

You can change the heading ect by the control pannel on the phpBB2 control pannel.

Forum Editor 23:25 05 Apr 05

from inside the phpBB2 contgrol panel Ben - it just takes a bit of getting into.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 10:35 06 Apr 05

I didn't relise you had to change everything from the control pannel.

Well I do now :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…