Editing a PDF file

I have been sent a form via e-mail which is in PDF format. Is there anyway that I can fill in the form by typing into it rather than printing it off and writing the details in? Thanks.

^

JayDay 17:28 04 Jul 04

Unless you have a copy of Adobe Acrobat, not just the Reader... I don't think there is.

I have Adobe Acrobat 6 Professional.

Diodorus Siculus 17:31 04 Jul 04

Some OCR software will scan a pdf file and give you a version that you can edit; Abbyy 7 for example does it pretty well.

Diodorus Siculus 17:33 04 Jul 04

[email protected] - in which case, just open the file with it.

Diemmess 17:57 04 Jul 04

If you didn't write the file in the first place the chances are that it is protected from any edit type interference.

So as the others have already said the only way is to open this file via some other software, and most of the high end OCR software will do this.

Failing that, you are faced with printing the file, and then scanning the result. Not very useful advice if you are trying to edit a 200+ page manual!

Can someone recommend some good software please?

Diemmess 18:36 04 Jul 04

Diodorus Siculus has already suggested Abbyy 7.

I went offline to check Scansoft's Omnipage v 12 which does it well. If you go for Omnipage, buy an upgrade. The full price is expensively silly, and an upgrade will run normally whether or not you have anything to upgrade to..........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…