Editing the "Open with" list

Glen 17:23 08 Nov 09

I use Vista Business. It seems easy to add items to the "Open With" list, but want to know how to delete items which will never be used, or are duplicates. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Glen

Technotiger 17:27 08 Nov 09
  Glen 09:55 09 Nov 09

Thanks Technotiger. However it did not work. I followed the advice in "Windows reference" until I got to "FileExts", then could not find the entry called ".ext" so could not complete. There were many other file extensions, but not the one I wanted. What is my problem?
Glen

Technotiger 21:56 09 Nov 09

,ext is a Norton file extension - but I am afraid I cannot give specific instructions as I am still using XP.

Perhaps a Vista Forum might be able to give better help. Try the Windows Vista Forum on the left of this Helproom page.

Woolwell 22:16 09 Nov 09

You do not need to find ext that is the example file extension. You will need to open the file extension which relates to the file for which you want to remove an open with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…