Editing ID Tags In Audio Files

Gaz W 02:14 21 Nov 04

I used to be able to do this in Explorer, but since installing dBpowerAmp (I think that's what did it) I can't. When I right-click the files in Explorer, select Properties and go to the ID Tag tab, it says "Install Power Pack To Enable Tag Editing". It's as if the program has taken over that part of explorer so that you have to pay for the full power pack!

1. How can I make it so that I can edit my ID tags again?

2. Are they allowed to take away standard features from my operating system so that I'll "have to" buy their power pack?

Thanks in advance,

Gaz

ICF 06:53 21 Nov 04

Do you have winamp installed if not get it here click here and do your tag editing within it.

Gaz W 17:01 21 Nov 04

I do have Winamp, but I don't know where to edit the tags from within Winamp!

Also if I remember rightly doesn't Winamp add its own information to the files as well?

ICF 19:39 21 Nov 04

Right click on the song within Winmap (ie your playlist window) and select view file info.You can edit to your hearts content now.

Ps I'm not aware that Winamp adds it's own info but I stand corrected if it does.

Gaz W 21:10 21 Nov 04

When I do that, I just get a dialogue box appearing giving file information, with an OK button... no way to edit it!

By the way I'm using the latest Winamp if that makes any difference.

ICF 18:58 22 Nov 04

When I right click on a song and select VIEW FILE INFO or Alt and 3 key together a window appears with all the file info.If I select a box with the mouse so the cursor is flashing within it I can edit the info

The window heading is MPEG file info box + ID3 tag editor.

ICF 19:00 22 Nov 04

Latest version of Winamp which I'm using also is 5.06

BBez 20:00 22 Nov 04
  BBez 20:00 22 Nov 04

heres some freeware ones, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…