Editing HD Video files

knockin on 19:50 18 Oct 09

I copy my camera video files to a passbook USB drive when away from home. They are AVCDH files with the file extension .mts.
I would like to be able to edit the files from the disc drive and save the resultant edited file back to the disc drive without conversion to another format. I intend to store the files in this format (on the usb drive) and view them from there, on TV, with the original quality preserved.
BUT...
I cannot seem to find editing software which:
a) imports from a pc disk rather than the camera or other media device.
b) will allow the edited file to be returned to the PC as an AVCHD file once edited.

Question is... Can it be DUN or am I stuffed?

P.S. I do not need the software to be free

johnnyrocker 20:25 18 Oct 09

you may find some help here click here=

johnny

OTT_Buzzard 21:11 18 Oct 09

I've got Cyberlink Power Director 8 (courtesy of PCA!). It does exactly what you need it to, but the file extension is m2ts with AVCHD files (rather than AVCDH - typo?)

knockin on 21:21 18 Oct 09

JohnnyR: Thanks I have looked at some of these - including Pinnacle, which comes highly recommended, but the bumph is a little unclear.
Most will import from the camera - direct( but are unclear about from a PC drive) and also export to a Blu-ray disc or similar (but are unclear about to a PC disc)

OTT: Yes-typo, sorry it's the drink! I will have a look at Cyberlink, thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…