editing excel after e mailing

bruno 13:00 PM 24 Jun 11

I have a chart I have made in Excel 2010 and Windows 7. I want to send it to a small group so they can alter it at their end. I tried PDF, but this does not seem to do what I want. I am new to Excel, so any help will be welcome.

Ian in Northampton 13:11 PM 24 Jun 11

Why don't you just send them the Excel file? Am I missing something?* The only problem you'll have is co-ordinating all their changes. The only thing to watch out for in sending them an Excel 2010 file is that some of them - probably most of them - will have an earlier version of Excel, in which case you may want to save your version as a .xls file and not a .xlsx file.

• Ah, I just thought. Possibly many of them don't have Excel at all... In which case, I really don't know how you can do what you want to do.
  bruno 19:04 PM 24 Jun 11

I will give that a try(sending them the file),and also saving as an .xls file instead of a .xlsx file.There are only seven of us involved and I am fairly sure they all have Excel.I will check. Thanks for your help.

robin_x 20:15 PM 24 Jun 11

There is a feature called Track Changes which may or may not be useful. (Word also has it)

link text

Ian in Northampton 20:18 PM 24 Jun 11

Track changes is useful, but can be confusing. I have to do this exercise once a month - get product managers to update their launch schedules - and I always insist that they either highlight their changes/additions in a different colour text, or use a different colour cell fill - that makes life much easier.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone