Editing a DVD

El jimbo 23:54 12 Oct 06

I have a program recorded on a DVD. I wish to edit out the adverts(at the beginning) and other bits at the end.
Grateful if someone could advise me,
Thanks.

johnnyrocker 00:11 13 Oct 06

if it is finalised i doubt you can edit anything in it, unless someone knows better but getsya a bump anyway.

johnny.

Totally-braindead 00:18 13 Oct 06

Simplest way in my opinion would be to connect a standalone DVD player to a standalone DVD recorder. Connect via a scart lead, press play on the player and pause it once you're past the ads then press record on the recorder and take the pause off.
Sounds more complicated than it is but you get what I mean. Perhaps you have a mate who has a standalone DVD recorder?
Failing that I think I'm right in saying the only other way would be to download the entire DVD on to your computer and edit from there and that might be a bit tricky, not sure cos I've never tried it. Then once edited burn it onto another DVD.
The first option really is the easiest.

terryf 01:19 13 Oct 06

I would be surprised if all the effort of transferring to HD then editing then burning new dvd was worth the effort, I expect that you are only going to watch it a limited number of times?

greenlamp 01:27 13 Oct 06

To do this I usually use DVD decryptor, the reauthor the decrypted files using dvd shrink. I'm not quite sure why I need to use DVD decryptor on dvd's produced on my LG [standalone] recorder but DVD shrink won't do anything on the primary recorded files [just one of those things, unless the recording is greater than 4.5GB the whole process can usually be done in about 30-40 minutes. If you want something more polished [ menu's etc] you then need to use something like nerovision express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…