Editing camera embedded data

Cuil 09:18 31 Jul 09

Unwittingly I left enabled the date and time settings on my Canon Powershot A7101S digital camera. The images uploaded to my PC for disc buring show the date and time which I want to remove as the pictures are important. Is there any software out there that will do the job? Canon were unsure

Stuartli 09:38 31 Jul 09

You could try "colouring in" the settings using a photo editing program.

Technotiger 09:40 31 Jul 09

I guess the date/time are shown at one edge, probably bottom or top of the pic - why not crop the pics to remove date/time.

Or, use a paint program's Clone tool to clone over the date/time.

BRYNIT 09:58 31 Jul 09

Reading through the maual you cannot remove the embeded date stamp the only option is as Technotiger has stated. Use a pait program clone tool to remove the date/time or you could trim the date/time from thr picture reducing its size.

Stuartli 10:02 31 Jul 09

That was basically what I meant - I couldn't remember the name of the tool offhand, but I know I've removed blemishes/marks by using a similar colour.

dogbreath1 10:15 31 Jul 09

This software (free) claims to be able to edit/delete the metadata associated with photo files. However, it doesn't support all photo file formats.

click here

May be worth a try.

dogbreath1 10:24 31 Jul 09

Also, Iranview (free) can be used to remove EXIF data, without losing image quality.

click here

Have a look at no.8 in the list below:-

click here

Simsy 10:29 31 Jul 09

The EXIF data, though it does include the date and time, is not visible on the picture.

What Cuil wants to do is not change the data, but the image. This will have be be done, as suggested, either by cropping, or editing the image. It's probably the "clone" tool that will be needed.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 10:41 31 Jul 09

click here

Regards,

Simsy

dogbreath1 11:06 31 Jul 09

Maybe find something here:-

click here

eedcam 15:27 31 Jul 09

This is free for today and will do it
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple