edit website via IE

rsturbo 17:16 14 May 03

i know its possible but how do i do this? there is a program called deymo that provides this functionality but expensive. does anybody know of any other way to do this? - eg go to website enter password etc and then be able to edit predefined sections of the website.
thanks for any help

Paranoid Android 17:26 14 May 03

This is a function which has to be built into the web pages, usually with text files that can be edited by authorised users. As far as I know you cannot edit HTML in Explorer.

Eastender 17:37 14 May 03

What software are you using to create your site. The 'View' > 'Source' can be changed from the default note book/front page to what ever you are using.

Valvegrid 17:48 14 May 03

If you follow eastenders instructions and save the text file, which you can now edit, to view the results open it an application like front page. I prefer the free program from Evrsoft, lots of help in that program.

click here

Valvegrid 18:33 14 May 03

I forgot the basics on how I used to edit web pages before I installed an editor.
Right mouse click on the web page, go down the menu to view source, a text window opens, save the file somewhere. Open the file in notebook and edit what you want. When you are ready to save, click on File>Save As in the window change the file extension from txt to html. You can then view the results in IE.
I have used this for a long time before I got an editor installed.

rsturbo 19:10 14 May 03

click here

deymo site seems to be down

Pesala 20:07 14 May 03

I make minor changes to my website in Opera by editing the source code. I have to do this on the hard disk copy of my site, then I copy the updated html page with FTP commander. Is this enough for your purposes?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…