Edit the Start Button Menu

Bargee 10:42 12 Jun 05

Here's an off the wall question.

In the 98SE OS, on the Start Button Menu, there are a fixed set of items that access Programs, Documents, Favourites, Settings, etc., as well as an editable Start Menu.

Is it possible to add or remove items from the "fixed" list & how can it be done?
For example, say I wanted to substitute the Favourites for my Firefox bookmarks instead of simply placing it in the Start Menu.

I know that the immediate response is going to be "Why would you?".
Well, its just one of those annoying thoughts that sometimes come to you where you think "Why can't I do that?". Even though there is no reason why you would want to.

Humour me if you can.

bremner 11:37 12 Jun 05

Google gives this click here=

However each that I looked at involves a registry tweak - so care must be exercised and backups made.

Bargee 16:44 12 Jun 05

The link is very informative, however it refers to the Start Menu & Favourites Folder & that's not the section of the Start Button's menu I was referring to. The part I'm interested in contains the following listing from the top:

Programs >
Favourites >
Documents >

I can find no way of adding or deleting from this particular list.

I have no desire to mess around with it, I'm just curious whether it's possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…