Edit Saved Passwords

Tony_B 05:03 01 Aug 06

Windows stores passwords for websites that you visit, and allows you to select from a list when you begin to log on to a website.

How can I edit the list? Where is it found?

This question does not relate to network passwords or those used by User Names on the computer.

terryf 05:25 01 Aug 06

click here If you use Foxpro you can edit them directly using Tools>Options>Passwords>View saved passwords

Tony_B 05:57 01 Aug 06

Thanks for the Reply TerryF

BUT...

Which program am I supposed to use?

I don't really want a password manager or any other programs, I just want to know where windows stores the saved passwords so I can edit/delete the ones that are superfluous or were entered incorrectly in the first place.

Tony_B 15:37 01 Aug 06

Bump.

Can anyone else help me please.

SANTOS7 15:46 01 Aug 06

1. click on the 'Tools' menu, then 'Internet Options' option.
2. click on the 'Content' tab.
3. click on the 'AutoComplete' button - see new dialog.
4. click on the 'Clear Passwords' option.
Optionally, to stop this Internet Explorer from saving passwords again you can:
- ensure the 'Prompt me to save passwords' is NOT selected.
5. click OK then click OK again.

FelixTCat 15:50 01 Aug 06

Tony,

I think terryf meant Firefox, an excellent browser. I don't think you can do it in Internet Explorer - all you can do is clear the lot and start again.

Regards,

Felix

Tony_B 19:42 01 Aug 06

@Santos7 - Thanka that's probably what I needed to know......

EXCEPT - that when I tried it as per your instructions which I believe are correct IE locks up and I have to Cntrl Alt Delete and End the Task. I have tried this several times and it keeps happening. A report was sent to Microsoft and according to their site it might be the result of a virus or firewall issue or something, but I know my machine is clean. I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of PC-cillin as my last copy expired, and run all the anit-virus and spam checks.

Any idea's as to why this is happening and how I can get around it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…