edit register

Boy Zone 18:08 24 Aug 05

hi,

I have had a clean out of all the software that I no longer use on my PC.
Looking at the register I notice that there is still items within the register that still relate to the s/w that I had installed on my PC.
Should I leave these alone or can I simly remove the entry line in the register.
I do have register cleaning software, but these seem to have missed the items in question.
I would of course make a back-up of the register prior to any chnages being made.

A big thanks

VoG II 18:11 24 Aug 05

I would use a registry cleaner - much safer!

Have you tried RegscrubXP click here

sattman 18:23 24 Aug 05

The residue left will be only small parts and unlikey but possibly able to cause a problem.

On balance I would use one or preferably two good registry cleaners and then forget anything left over.

One mistake in registry tinkering and you can end up with a non functioning system. A backup is essential and hopefully it will fully restore if required.

bertiecharlie 18:37 24 Aug 05

You can get the last freeware version of jv16 Powertools from click here The registry cleaner within the program will list all the installed software located in your registry. You can remove those items you know you have uninstalled and the program will automatically make back ups. (Although this is an old version of jv16, it still works fine.)

If you just want the stand alone registry cleaner, (it might be a slightly different version but is written by the same person), you can get it from click here

You can get the current shareware versions of the registry cleaner from click here if you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…