Edit PDF Files

doctor92 09:29 02 Jun 06

is it possible to edit PDF files, eg add text, make notes etc etc, and if so, which software is the best, and cheapest.

Simsy 10:04 02 Jun 06

they can only be edited with the full version of Adobe Acrobat, which costs quite a lot, (£200 plus I believe)as opposed to the Acrobat reader, which is free...

However, depending on what you want to do there are other ways to get to the information...

There are "text select" and "graphics select" buttons on the reader toolbar... you can use these to select then copy and paste text and graphics into another document, eg a "Word" document.

Some OCR, (Optical Character Recognition), software, (cheap versions usually come bundled with scanners), can "read" .pdf files and save the results as a "Word" document.

There are some pdf converters, which do the same as I've just mentioned. They have been on magazine coverdiscs in the past, so they're not expensive. I can'r recall exact name off the top of my head... type "pdf converter", with quote marks into google and see what comes up.

There is an alternative pdf reader called "Foxit", whihc has a free version. Using this you can "overtype" and print out the results, but not save as a pdf.

I hope this helps,

Good luck,

ade.h 14:13 02 Jun 06

You can create a document in Open Office Writer and export it as a PDF.

Genius1 15:20 02 Jun 06

I believe that Microsoft Office 2007 also includes the exporting as PDF feature. You can download Beta 2 free from click here. (Be warned that betas can be risky.)

Woolwell 22:30 02 Jun 06

You can open a pdf file in Serif PagePlus 11 and make changes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…