Edit email?

podlod 07:58 29 Sep 09

Hi, When I send a document by email to somebody, how is it possible that I can stop them removing or shall I say editing the info on the document? thanks for any help.

Technotiger 08:20 29 Sep 09

As far as I know, this would only be possible by saving the document as a .jpg, then sending 'picture' by email.

sharpamat 09:28 29 Sep 09

With modern scanners and OCR software I am not sure if sending an e mail as an image file would prevent editing.

Taff™ 09:53 29 Sep 09

Sending a document as an attachment is best accomplished by sending it as a PDF with copy an edit protection. It depends really on what you are trying to prevent them from doing with the document as to what level of security you apply.

Technotiger 13:37 29 Sep 09

Agreed, but anyone really intent on editing a so-called protected doc, will always find a way, whether it is PDF or anything else.

Taff™ 13:56 29 Sep 09

I just revisited Primo PDF which I`d abandoned in favour of CutePDF when I went over to Vista. You`re quite correct, Primo allows you to add security settings which CutePDF doesn`t so I`m endorsing your recommendation. (And using Primo once again!)

podlod 16:34 29 Sep 09

Hi marg, I have downloaded Primo PDF but I am not sure how I can email my document even though I have read the instructions. Never used PDF before? can you give me some small idea? please.

Furkin 19:49 29 Sep 09

What about faxing it ?
If you don't have a specific fax program,,,, there is one within Windows. The recipient either receives faxes already, or can do, with the same item withing their Windows.

,,, just another method,,,,

podlod 14:14 01 Oct 09

Hi again and thank you for your feed back. I sent a document to somebody by Primo PDF which I downloaded and managed to work out with the help of Marg7, thank you, but the person who has received the document by email has explained to me that when she clicks on the document by email a panel appears and reads; this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options panel. Could you please explain to me what and where she goes to, to carry out this action to enable her to read the PDF. thank you.

podlod 08:11 02 Oct 09

Hi, thanks again for all the info, but she got hold of Adobe through somebody so she can now read the document, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…