edit dvd (vob) files

maiden 00:35 28 Aug 07

I have a sony digital video camera that produces dvd on mini disc. I have downloaded the fles of type vob to my hard drive. Can any-one please advise how I can edit these files as I want to cut out allthe rubbish.

regards
pjbm

Technotiger 08:10 28 Aug 07

Have a look through these, courtesy of Google ...

click here

eedcam 09:27 28 Aug 07

click here
HI you will find plenty of info There. You will require software bought or some freebies though for serious work Bought is better .Either Ulead or Magix or Adobe they all offer free trial downloads and its a question of which you find eaiest to grasp.Be aware video editing is quite power hungry and dont be put off by initial problems or failures either at the editing or authoring and burning stages.Whichever software you choose should have its own user Forums which helps.

A&D 10:01 28 Aug 07

I use Adobe Premier Elements which will read vob files but you have to cut the files into their original scenes if you want to edit them to any extent. I also use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum which will capture the movie mpeg files straight from the mini CD either via the camcorder usb or by putting the cd into your pc rom drive provided that you finalise the disk in the camcorder first. Then you don't have to create a vob file and you can work on each indidual scene straight away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…