//some 3rd party need geo

Edimax USB print server on wireless network

silliw 23:25 13 Mar 04

Dabs value purchase - Edimax Print server

I purchased this print server to add my USB epson C42ux to my netgear WGR614 routed wireless network. All machines on the network run XP pro although I have only tried to load up the software on one of the 4 network machines.

I ran the admin software, configured the server to auto config settings,successfully added the print server as a network printer port and am able to print to a very limited extent. I have tried all spooler options - print immediately, print when last page is spooled, and print directly to printer but can only print half pages. I tried to print a photo (half of an A4 page no advanced settings) which printed parts accross seven pages. Its as if the data isnt going to the printer quickly enough or that some code is being misinterpreted. Advise from the Edimax website states that there is a problem with the stylus software and to ensure that the windows spooler is used.

Any help would be appreciated otherwise I will have to give the kids access to my desktop pc to print.

thanks

LastChip 00:25 14 Mar 04

Manufacturers have no business sending out products with faulty software. If I were you, I would contact DABS and ask them to take it back as "unfit for the purpose".

silliw 13:02 17 Mar 04

Firmware upgrade frrom edimax has done the job

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…