Edimax Range Extender

PeteSmi 19:15 PM 15 Oct 11

I have an Edimax range extender that works well , but I have now bought another which I want to use to extend from the other Edimax. Is this possible and if it is how do you set them up.

Pete Smith

PeteSmi 21:46 PM 21 Oct 11

I have answered the problem myself. I have been in touch with Jessca Tai of Edimax. She infomed I needed the latest firmware, even though they were new extenders they didn't have the latest firmware (needs to be 1.04) Set up the first repeater IP address 192.168.1.80 Mask 255.255.255.0 Gateway 192.168.1.254 IP address of BT router Select Repeater mode Change SSI name Edimax 1 Put in a different user name and password, else other people can log onto the repeater and see the WPA key This will repeat the BT router

Set up the second repeater IP address 192.168.1.81 Mask 255.255.255.0 Gateway 192.168.1.80 IP address of BT router Select Repeater mode Change SSI name Edimax 2 Again put in a different user name and password, else other people can log onto the repeater and see the WPA key This will repeat the BT router

When trying ensure the repeaters and router aren't to close as it will not work reliably.

The pair are now working very well

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…