Edge to Edge printer recommendations

Modo 14:06 03 Feb 05

I am looking for a high quality edge to edge printer for lowish volume A4 and letter format paper.

To be used professionally for brochurs and flyers. Quality is more important than speed.

Anybody got any direct experience and recommendations - I noticed this question doesn't google too well.

pj123 14:42 03 Feb 05

If by "edge to edge" you mean borderless printing then there are many Epson printers available. I have an Epson 895 Borderless (very old now and not available anymore) and an Epson R200, both of which do borderless printing. But the Epson r200, r300, C66 and C86 are all borderless.

Try here and check out specifications and prices.

click here

Modo 12:52 04 Feb 05

I've made a bit of progress and the best piece of kit for the use we have could be Cannon i9950 (the HP7690 is the second alternative but I don't fancy a front loader for duplex borderless printing).

The borderless printing facility is through their own software which is for photos.

I just rang Canon and went in to staples and PC World and nobody had a real idea of the product.

Does anyone know if the Canon software will allow me to import say .pdf or .eps into their program to print borderless - I want to print borderless brochures and flyers.

The guy from Canon said that I could set the margins to borderless in the non-propriteary software settings but I find that hard to believe that that would work?

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:58 04 Feb 05

The Canon is an A3 printer. The Epson R200/300 will do what you want but I would be looking at laser colour printers if you intend to do flyers and brochures...forget inkjets.

Modo 14:30 04 Feb 05

Thanks Gandalf the ip 8500 is the one I meant - as you say the one I mentioned previously is A3

Further research has taken me more towards the HP7960

- up to what kind of quality am I going to get a Laser? The color lasers I have used have been quick, cheap but too cheerful. The stuff we are doing is wall to wall illustrations. I want to be using 160gsm plus paper double sided. We have been using a deskjet 980 cxi and a 1220. We get great results as long as we use quality paper and keep the ink well stocked. It's expensive but much cheaper and more adaptable than going to a printer on the small runs we have.

Thanks for the help. All of the advice we can find seems to apply to photographic use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…