ECS SF2-M7 LGA775

Alshell 14:29 14 Apr 08

Has anyone replaced this mobo? Can you tell me what is a compatable replacement? The computer is an Advent MC 3040. Thanks for any help ...

Gongoozler 19:50 14 Apr 08

Compatible in what way? If you want to replace your old model with a motherboard that is compatible with your processor, and which is the right size for the case, then that is quite possible. If you want a motherboard that can simply replace your old one and all the software run happily, that is probably impossible because the motherboard drivers will probably object, and your Windows is probably locked to the old motherboard anyway.

Alshell 19:54 14 Apr 08

Well tried one recently but it had wrong power connection block and only 1 ide socket where as i need 2. So one that fits would be firststep and worry about windows later.

Gongoozler 20:18 14 Apr 08

Would this one do the job click here, alternatively you could use your card with only the one ide socket and add a pci ide interface card such as this one click here

Alshell 21:46 14 Apr 08

Now that looks good but the power unit seems to have less than usual pins (20 pins as opposed to 24, i think). i do appreciate the interest.

Gongoozler 09:20 15 Apr 08

Have a look at your PSU power connector. These were often made in 2 parts, the 20pin part and a clip-on section for the 4-pin P4 supply. If yours has a solid 24-pin connector and a separate 4-pin P4 connector, then careful application of a hacksaw may do what you want. Have a look at the pictures here click here and you will see that the 24-pin connector is the same as the 20-pin but with 4 extra pins at the end. It's a bit of a nuisance in your case that converters are readily available from 20-pin PSU to 24-pin motherboard, but not the other way round.

Gongoozler 09:26 15 Apr 08

Aha - this will do it, but you'll still need the 4-pin P4 connector click here

Gongoozler 09:48 15 Apr 08

And this will look after your 4-pin P4 connector

click here

Alshell 10:51 16 Apr 08

Thanks for the help .......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…