Economical Printing

Bluelab 06:28 03 Aug 08

I have a canon pixma IP 4300 how do I print in Black and White so it doesn't use the colour inks?

Taff™ 06:44 03 Aug 08

When you go to the Print Dialog Box select Properties (Preferences) and tick the "Grayscale" option.

Bluelab 22:08 03 Aug 08

Thanks for the response I am doing this, but I still have a full ink PGBK and only half of BK. I have just replaced all 3 colour inks ( which isn't cheap ) as I rarely print in colour, only black and white spreadsheet files, I would have thought my colour inks would remain near full and it would use the black ink. Maybe the printer itself could be faulty?

Sea Urchin 22:50 03 Aug 08

Some printers have an additional option when printing grayscale - you can also select High Quality or Use Black Ink Cartridge only. I don't know the Canon 4300 but is that a possibility?

woodchip 23:51 03 Aug 08

You would be better buying a Mono Laser Printer click here

Bluelab 02:46 05 Aug 08

Thanks Seaurchin and Woodchip,

It seems there isn't an easy answer. I think I will drop a line to Canon.

jack 08:20 05 Aug 08

is a rare thing.
The black as in commercial 4 colour printing is intended as a shadow enhancer- hence it is known a K as in RGBK-[meaning Key] to get a true black all colours print with black overlaying.
Some printers do have a text only option, but whether it applies to your particular printer i would not know, as some other high end models have a 'Photo black' with an additional cartridge to do it with.
Some older Lexmarks had black cartridge interchangeable with a colour cartridge- If you wanted black only black Cart in if you wanted colour colour cart in and all three colours overprint to give a sort of black- but these I think have long gone the way of all things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced