eCommerce host package for Downloads

wolfen 22:00 15 Oct 03

I am looking for a hosting package for downloads.
The downloaded information needs to be permission set after payment received and not link set prior to payment. One & one allow the download facility on their eshops, however the link permission has to be set prior to payment and not after. We want to be paid first then you can download, not you download and then maybe pay us.

Forum Editor 01:39 16 Oct 03

to set up a download page that only appears once payment has been made - you can do that via your payment system.

How are you handling the payments - are you processing them yourself, online, or are they being processed by a third party card processor like PayPal?

If you're doing it yourself you could do what lots of companies do - send an email with a link to the download, once the payment has been authorised.

wolfen 09:04 16 Oct 03

It looks like we will be using protx or worldpay. I had concidered the email solution, however I was wondering if this could be done via database and privilage settings possibly using php.

wolfen 11:46 18 Oct 03

Have you any suggestions as to an appropraite payment system or host solution.

wolfen 15:37 08 Nov 03

I have chosen osCommerce with an add on module for download, this allows admin to control allocation of download, also, combined with your suggestion on the email side, which is being used to supply the password for the downloads. The downloads are encrypted and the email is generated automatically once payment clears.

Can anyone help with my post regards chmod definitions.

PurplePenny 18:59 08 Nov 03

There have been a couple of threads on the osC forum about download payments and many discussions about CHMOD settings. Have you tried there?

You can get there from your Admin module - just click on (short pause whilst I fire up my Admin module .....) "Support Site" in the top right corner and when you get there do a search.

Penny
PS see you there .....

wolfen 20:17 08 Nov 03

Cheers Penny have been going through the osCommerce forum a lot you will find me there as 241

I am learning my way around as a newbie to osCommerce and php there is a lot to take in.

I appreciate the input from both yourself and the Forum editor on a couple of my threads and do think that I am getting there, may it be a little slow.

I am happy enough with the download side of things but need to get my head around some of this chmod stuff as last time I chmod parts of the site I must have used the wrong codes and locked myself out, lucky I had a master key that allowed back in and used my backup to config things as was prior to my chmod changes.

PurplePenny 21:45 08 Nov 03

Aha - thought that 241 must be you :-) It's a steep learning curve isn't it? Nearly vertical I should say :-)

I had to change one of my CHMOD settings to get the Admin side to work ... and I'm not really pleased because the only setting that appeared to work was the one that would allow all and sundry to meddle with it :-(

Penny

wolfen 22:16 08 Nov 03

was this the chmod 777 and was it due to the hosting server

:-) It's a steep learning curve isn't it? Nearly vertical I should say :-)

I've read some comments with this quote before and have to agree, but if you get things working the way you want it gives great satifaction.

I hope to publish the site soon for some feedback, however I have to nail this chmod thing first, so have .htaccess on the site for now to give myself some feeling of comfort whilst developing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…