Eclipse 8 Mb broadband

terryf 23:05 16 Apr 06

Has anyone noticed that Eclipse are offering free upgrade to 8Mb broadband for existing customers on a like for like basis. They allow monthly contracts rather than the grossly unfair 18 month that talktalk is imposing

Forum Editor 23:28 16 Apr 06

you call the TalkTalk 18 month agreement period "grossly unfair" - how is it unfair?

terryf 00:04 17 Apr 06

I think that any contract lasting that long is unfair because if the service is not satisfactory you have to go to great lengths to abrogate the contract. I was with talktalk and when I signed up they promised in the initial letter that downloads would be 'unlimited'. They then started throttling downloads between 4pm and midnight then went on to throttling 24/7. I got help from my local Trading Standards who agreed that the contract was unfair and talktalk released me early. I suppose unfair is perhaps not a good word to use because everybody reads and understands all the small print in the T & C before committing themselves but 18 months is a long time, their tech support is on a premium number and it only costs £70 to get out of the contract.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…