EchoLife Home Gateway router settings, please

Graham* 15:19 PM 08 Mar 13

I have a camera connected via a DVR to the router. A faulty switch in the kitchen tripped the mains whilst everything was switched on.

Since then I have lost access to the camera on my Kindle. The DVR had changed the last digit of its address by one digit, which I corrected. I can view the camera on Internet Explorer but not Firefox, but that's not a problem.

I assume some other setting in the router has changed, but which one? Where should I be looking, please?

Woolwell 15:49 PM 08 Mar 13

Is the router allocating IP addresses? It mat be better to give a fixed address to the camera/dvr so that it doesn't change in the future. Not familiar with your router though. You should be able to view through Firefox.

Graham* 15:52 PM 08 Mar 13

Thanks. How do I give a fixed address?

Woolwell 15:59 PM 08 Mar 13

Need someone who is familiar with you router to help.

spuds 17:16 PM 08 Mar 13

Not sure if its going to help, but have you tried YouTube or perhaps TalkTalk support pages, which as Echolife router advice?.

Graham* 00:15 AM 11 Mar 13

Nearly there setting a fixed IP. I need the DVR MAC address but I can't find it.

spuds 00:54 AM 11 Mar 13

Again not sure if its going to help, but you might get the MAC code via this download Fresh Diagnose from

That program can find a wealth of information. including codes.

You will need to register, which is simple, and its free and secure.

Secret-Squirrel 09:25 AM 11 Mar 13

" I need the DVR MAC address but I can't find it."

Most standalone devices like that have the MAC address printed on a sticker somewhere on the unit.

Graham* 10:01 AM 11 Mar 13

Done that, can't find the DVR.

No sticker.

Woolwell 10:57 AM 11 Mar 13

Don't know if this will help but my router lists the MAC addresses of those devices connected by wifi.

Secret-Squirrel 13:57 PM 11 Mar 13

I agree with Woolwell, the next place to look is your router's DHCP Client List (or equivalent) where it should show all currently connected devices including their MAC addresses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016