Ebuyer Woes

WGW 21:46 24 Feb 05

I recently purchased Windows XP Home SP2 OEM-Single Pack from Ebuyer along with a new hard drive.

The package arrived within 5 days as promised but with no sign of a Certificate of Authenticity for WinXP.

I opened an eNote which although was promised to be attended to within 5 working days, was not answered for 1 month. In between, their system changed and I was able to open another eNote which was answered within 2 days. The first response told me to send back my disk, which I duly did. The second response unfortunately came on the day I had sent back the disk and stated that the COA number was on the barcode. Although it was now too late to check, I'm convinced there were no 16 digit numbers to be found anywhere in the package - I would have certainly tried them.

Now Ebuyer have said over 1 month later that I am to get a refund. I would much rather just have a disk c/w COA as I stated in my return package. Why cant they just do this? I am now no further forward than I was over a month ago and desperately need the new software to resurrect my PC.

Can anyone recommend a reliable source for an Windows XP Home SP2 OEM-Single Pack, without the hassle and at a reasonable price?

Any help would be much appreciated.

AubreyS 21:48 24 Feb 05

eBay? click here

GRFT 08:51 25 Feb 05

Try click here £76.84 delivered. I can understand your problem with ebuyer. Their prices and delivery times are usually very good but when you become entangled with their infamous enotes it can became a nightmare. For that reason I now rarely use ebuyer.

GRFT 08:51 25 Feb 05

Try click here £76.84 delivered. I can understand your problem with ebuyer. Their prices and delivery times are usually very good but when you become entangled with their infamous enotes it can became a nightmare. For that reason I now rarely use ebuyer.

Fingees 09:45 25 Feb 05

Go to a local computer fair. they are held all over the country, usually on sat or sun, and prices are far cheaper than most places.
alternatively visit Novatech's website

WGW 12:56 25 Feb 05

Thanks folks.
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Win XP Home OEM with service Pk2 and WinXP Home Full Version with Service Pk2. Obviously the latter has more to it and is significantly more expensive but would the OEM edition be sufficient for day to day use?

I'm installing from scratch on a new hard drive and assume this is all I need.

Carpigiani 13:29 25 Feb 05

OEM (original equipment manufacturer) is meant to be sold to system builders only.

The software is the same as the full version, but does not come with full instructions.
Also support for OEM is limited as it is the responsibility of the manufacturer to supply this to their customer.

I have personally bought copies of Windows XP home (OEM) from EBuyer & the certificate is usually attached with the bar code as they advised you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac